We can help you.
We offer free pregnancy testing and confirmation along with a written proof of pregnancy that will help you during the process of obtaining health insurance. We also offer referrals to prenatal providers as well as other free services for you and your partner.
Did you know...
- Medi-Cal coverage is free insurance offered year-round. Check the income guidelines to see if you qualify to apply.
- Presumptive Eligibility for pregnant women is designed to provide immediate, temporary coverage for prenatal care to low income pregnant women pending a formal Medi-Cal application and approval.
- If you do not qualify for Medi-Cal you may qualify for MCAP or Covered California health plans. There may be immediate coverage options for you! http://mcap.dhcs.ca.gov/Home/
- Even though open enrollment for 2018 through Covered California is now closed, there are special circumstances that may allow you to enroll. For more information visit: www.coveredca.com
- Some hospitals offer payment plans for those whose income is too high to qualify for free insurance or may have low-income health plans available for you
What to do: Some practical advice
- Check your employer benefits (if any)
- You can apply for Medi-Cal at your local DPSS office
- Research a medical discount plan or call hospitals to see if they provide payment plans.
- The Child and Family Guidance Center offers free enrollment assistance for everyone visit: www.childguidance.org
Follow us on Instagram!